1403-B Kenwood Ave.
Austin, TX 78704
2004 – present Libertarian Party of Texas, Austin, TX
· Full-time paid position responsible for fundraising, candidate recruitment, state and county organization development, media relations, and infrastructure development including database, website, e-mail lists, and marketing materials. Created this paid position for previously volunteer only organization. Created Assistant Director and Fundraising Director paid staff positions. Multiple appearances on television, radio, and in local newspapers. Recruited record 218 candidates for November 2006 elections.
2000 – 2003 Custom Quality Marble, Inc., Austin, TX
· Bought 1/3 ownership kitchen/bath synthetic marble countertop, shower and tub manufacturing company. Employees: 17. Grew sales from $900,000 to $1.2 million. Sold company in 2003 for $1.2 million (sale price, not gain).
Sept 98 – Jan 00 PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP, Atlanta, GA
Consultant, Supply Chain Management/Consumer & Industrial Prod.
May 97 – Aug 97 Intel Corp., Hillsboro, OR
Tauber Manufacturing Institute Internship
· Designed flexible manufacturing process for server systems assembly.
1992-1996 3M Company various states and overseas
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
· Worked on teams in manufacturing plants to improve productivity, quality, and delivery. Included 6-month projects in South Africa and Italy.
1986-1998 University of Michigan at Ann Arbor Ann Arbor, MI
Dual Degree: M.B.A. and Masters of Engineering in Manufacturing
1986-1991 University of Texas at Austin Austin, TX
B.S., Mechanical Engineering
May 2005 Austin City Council Candidate
· Placed 2nd out of 5 candidates receiving 10,439 votes or 18% in non-partisan race with incumbent. Campaign activity: $15,000 budget; paid part-time campaign manager; 93 volunteers distributed 40,000 flyers door-to-door; 1,200 bumper stickers distributed; 1,400 yard signs installed; 20,000 automated phone calls; endorsed by Green Party, Austin Toll Party and Independent Texans; 53 public events and forums attended.
2003 - 2004 Volunteer Coordinator, LPTX Ballot Access Committee
· Volunteers collected 10,000 signatures. Assisted management of paid petitioners and validation team. 82,000 raw signatures were submitted to satisfy 45,540 valid signature requirement.
May 2003 Austin City Council Candidate
· Received 35% of vote in at-large two-way non-partisan race.
2002-2003 Travis County LP Secretary
2001-2002 Travis County E-Newsletter Editor: circulation over 700
Nov 2002 Candidate, Travis County Commissioner, Precinct 4
· Received 1,609 votes (4.6%) in 3-way race.
1999 Chair, LP Cobb County, GA
· First meeting I attended in 1998 had 2 other attendees. Started e-newsletter; was appointed chair by existing chair; meetings consistently attracted 15 attendees by the time I left in 2000 for Austin.